Tuesday, November 6, 2007

:: Late 90s Hip Hop Videos - Brooklyn ::

So my boy Henry sent me the link to the oldschool video "BackPack" from Rough House Survivors, which gave me the idea to post a few videos from the golden era of hiphop. The shocking part is that im actually able to find these so easily on YouTube.. The memories are priceless. I think im going to do this on a weekly basis on Tuesdays. Lets be real, only Brooklyn and Queens were running hip-hop in this era. "I didnt hear a peep from a place called the bronx"... Lets start with BK.

This was my jam, corny but maybe because "I thought I was all that"

I cant post that video without posting "Can I Get Open" one of Jay-Zs first appearances.

Think this song was a NY Thing only, not sure if they were BRKLN but fuk it.
Double XX Posse

WHAAAT! I cant believe youtube had this video.. By far one of my favorite songs from this era... BK Lo-Lives stand up!! "Rakin in the Dough".. Look at that crisp Red Sitdown Bear knit.. Actually, now that I think of it, they might have been from Harlem. But fuck it. I think one of them was from BK.

Summer time classic while playing ball.
Da Bush Babees

Legendary MC and Legendary Producer.. Gangstarr

A lot of people mistook him for a Queens bred but nope..AZ

This song made me want to punch someone in the nose. hard..
Mash Out Posse (M.O.P.)

Supa classic video.. even better album! Group Home.. You know they were truly ghetto. I mean, youre first video ever and that "New York" sweatshirt Lil Dap wears is the best he could find? Melachi didnt even have a shirt to wear!

Another classic album..what happened to Dred Locks? Jeru...D Original

The peak of hip-hop in the last decade... Black Moon, so many videos to post so I picked my favorite.. BCC!

Love this video.. BCC!

Didnt get as much shine as the rest of the Boot Camp Click but dope song. typical BCC production.

Oh my god we smoked so much weed to this song.. Sound Bwoy Bureill.. Smif n Wessun

The self proclaimed king of hip-hop.. 1995.. Jay-Z

A different sound but still fresh. Digable.

The flow is so sick... Camp Lo.

This video made me get rims, hook up my whip and wanna go to Virginia Beach.. Masta Ase... or you know him as Masta Ace.

Thinking of Masta Ace, I had to post this.. my favorite song by him probably.

Sorry last one.. theres just so many jams..

I almost forgot this one.. Blackstar

One of the best compilations..

This entire album was a classic.

Super Doodey Tough Work... Company Flow.. not sure they were from Brooklyn but I think so... oh check out my boy Vaz dancing & making his video debut about 1:40 deep into it.

Blahzay Blahzay

What happened to Lauren? Anyway, heres the Fugees...



This has nothing to do with Late 90s or BK or anything. But its fuking hilarious..
Cam'rons "HP Commercial"

No comments: