Wednesday, October 17, 2007

:: Can I Kick It? ::

When was the last time you really got excited about Hip-Hop? Think... I bet you cant remember, thats because 90% of the MCs and groups these days are garbage. Maybe im jaded because I was one of those backpacker, hip-hop junkies listening until 4am on Thursdays, (props to Stretch, Bobbito, Lord Sear, Mayhem, Riz, The Dirty Dozen, Eli and Vaz..) but that is still the golden age.. some argue '83-'89 but I gotta argue that it was '89-'96..I still love H.E.R.

I can tell you the last time I got hyped on Hip-Hop was tonight when I saw the Hip-Hop Honors rerun on VH1. Actually scratch that.. I got hyped when they gave a tribute to A Tribe Called Quest. First of all, when was the last time you saw Phife perform? When was the last time you saw Busta come out and perform like he did in A Future Without a Past album (thats right, L.O.N.S)?

Check this out.. about 2:50 into it.. Common, Pharrell and Lupe were mediocre but...

Peace to St Albans.. Queens Massive. Stay tuned for the next tribute...





::: In honor of Kid Hood: Click here for the Scenario Remix... He passed away before the record was released :::















No comments: